Tips for weight reduction.
- Include plenty of salads and green leafy vegetables in the diet.
- Do not sieve the wheat flour while kneading the dough.
- It is advisable to include 1 – 2 servings of fruits daily in the diet. Fruits like apple should be eaten with the skin.
- Prefer whole fruits instead of fruit juices.
- Similarly, prefer salads instead of soups or vegetable juices. In case, you wish to have soups, do not strain it.
- Restrict the amount of maida based products like naan, biscuits, khari, puffs, cakes, pastries, noodles, pastas, donoughts, etc
- It is advisable to include dals and pulses with skin in the diet.
- Reduce the consumption of sugar and sugar based items in the daily routine.
- The consumption of oil, ghee or butter per person per month should be restricted to half kg.
- Avoid all fried items like sev, gathia, chips, vada pav, samosas, etc
- Avoid greasing the chapattis or bhakharis or parathas with oil or ghee.
- Egg whites- 1-2 per day can be consumed.
- Fish / chicken – 3 small pcs once - twice a week can be taken, preferably in boiled form.